Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Self-portrait with Umbrella

I'm really not that vain, I swear. I just really like participating in David Ohlerking's fabulous self-portrait shows and he has them frequently. That, and I can't really afford to hire models anyway. Figuring out what to do with them is a little tricky. I've thought about giving them to family members as gifts, but how presumptuous and vain is that? Here ya go, just what you've always wanted, a big picture of ME! Guess they're destined for the garage...

9 comments:

Building Mum said...

Oh- I would seriously hang that in my hallway--- no need for storing it in your garage!!

Love it!!

Amy C.

Jody said...

Fabulous! I was hoping that you'd go with the umbrella pic. Excellent work!

Mariah said...

I LOVE this! You are awesomely talented...
(p.s- I'd love to hang a giant portrait of Dani about my mantle)

:)

Dani Brandimarte said...

Thanks, ya'll!

Sarah Fox said...

I LOVE IT!!! Beautiful colors, beautiful mood! nice job Dani!

A.Decker said...

This is lovely! Simple yet elegant. Very well realized.
I agree with B. Mum, you should hang it somewhere people can see it.

A.Decker said...

It looks very natural, like nothin's going on, but like many great paintings, the first impression of simplicity is deceptive. The more I look the more I see happening in this one. Very well observed.
Nice work. You should be proud.

Dani Brandimarte said...

Thanks for the nice comments, A. Decker!

SC said...

Dani, this is gorgeous. You are incredibly talented. UT Art School wouldn't have taught you a thing.