Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dori in the 80's

After getting all frustrated over those piano keys, I felt like doing something fun. This is my sister when she was about 16. This really doesn't represent her well because she doesn't wear much make-up, is somewhat bookish and is now a doctor, but I always thought she looked so glamorous in this photo and thought it would be fun to paint. And it was, especially since I rocked out to my favorite 80's bands (The Smiths and The Cure) while I painted. I don't imagine it selling, I just figure this is one I did purely for my own enjoyment. I love my sister and I love the eighties so it was a great experience. I just hope she likes it.

7 comments:

dori said...

I love it! It's better than the picture.

indiaartist said...

It is beautiful. Good work.

Michael Dooney said...

Nice one, I like the way you rendered the shirt...so simple but so nice!

A.Decker said...

She should like. And you did capture the glamour. Nice one.

Leslie Sealey said...

I think you captured the glamour AND the 80's-totally! : )

Dani Brandimarte said...

Thanks, you guys! and you're like totally funny to the max, Leslie.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I think it's beautiful!