Lessons I Learned From This Painting:
1) If you're starting something new, start simple. For example, if you are just starting out painting from photos, don't pick a picture with a gajillion people in it thinking it will be "fun".
2) If you are going to paint from a photo with a gajillion people in it, be prepared to spend a lot of time and paint on it.
3) It's hard to paint your mother and I didn't capture her like I wish I could.
4) You don't have to be super happy with all your paintings, sometimes it's just time to move on to something else. This one was hard for me but I couldn't spend another day on it without pulling out my hair.
5) I have a lot more of these lessons to go and a long way to go as an artist.
On to something much simpler!